Thursday, September 1, 2011

Knee PAIN! But Good News


Just got back from my Doctor. Good news on two fronts...

First and most important is that I have my diabetes under control. It is still a little on the high side, but she is impressed with my numbers. So, that is awesome news for ME! I was being threatened with insulin if I didn’t rein it in.

Second...my Dr is also a runner. I old her that I was having some ferocious pain in my knee. it has been hurting since I started c25k but I pushed through the pain. I tried to run today and couldn't. I was actually limping on my warm-up.

Her first question was,  "Does it normally go away after warm-up?" Yes was the answer to that. Her second question was, was I wearing the shoes that I normally run in to her office. Yes was the answer to THAT question. 

She looked me in my eyes and told me she wouldn’t even recommend WALKING in the shoes that I have. They are OLD (about 2yrs) NB sneakers. She said my problem was my shoes and that until I get some, not to run in these again or the pain WILL get worse. She said, "get some running shoes. Get fitted at a real running store...not Dicks or Foot Locker. Have them analyze your gait and buy the shoes. The pain will go away." I didn't bother to tell her that I already had a fitting done and that I just need to go buy the shoes.

So, I’m going to have to spend some money and get some shoes. Won’t be running again until I do. She was REAL impressed with me starting C25K and the fact that I’m getting off my ass and moving instead of sitting around and letting my health go. I am super pumped now about this visit with her and am more anxious than ever to get moving even more!

Supposed to do W3D2 today, but if I don’t get some shoes today, I wont be doing it. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment