Thursday, September 1, 2011

I LOVE my wife! NEW SHOES!!

I posted earlier today about the perils of the clodhoppers that I was running in and the pain that it was causing me with my left knee. I told you how the Dr. today told me to never even WALK in those shoes again. Well, I also told my wife what the doctor said today.

Now, normally, we watch our pennies because we are both unemployed at the moment. As soon as I told her what my Dr. said, she looked at me and said, "Well, we can't have you quitting the running after all you have already done, and Im not going to see you hurt yourself". She then put me in the car and drove me to the Big Peach Running Co. in Kennesaw, Ga. since she knew I had already been analyzed as far as my gait there.

Once there, she bought me these! The Brooks Ghost 4 running shoe as well as three pair of Asics running socks. As you may well know, Im diabetic and I dont need to get blisters from my socks moving around and holding water in my shoes. The girl that was waiting on me asked if the socks I had on were the one's I ran in and I told her yes and more just like them. I told her I needed some tech socks because of the diabetes and she said the magic word - blisters. My wife jumped all over that and bought the socks as well. She is also a diabetic and knows the perils of getting blisters on your feet.

So, we get the shoes and head straight to the track so I could get my run in before it got dark. I am on W3D2 of C25K and as soon as I hit the track, I could tell a major difference in these shoes from the ones I WAS wearing. These Brooks shoes had some SPRING in them! It was like as soon as my foot hit the ground it felt like it was catapulted up and forward with very little effort on my part.

As I ran, I did feel a little bit of knee pain, but nothing like what it was. The pain just was there for a bit and then it was gone. I feel it a little bit now that Im sitting, but again, not like it was. I sincerely hope that the pain goes away and that the shoes was my problem.

Finished my c25k run and now Im sitting here after a hot shower and feeling good about my day!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Justin! Ill keep writing, if you will keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear about the shoes. Brooks have always worked well for me! I'm enjoying following your progress. Keep it up.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete