Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Feeling STRONGER...PR for me today!

Hey guys...Today I set a personal record for me. Let me tell you about it.

My wife decided that she wanted to start C25K today and start running with me. If you follow this blog, you know that I am on week 4 day 1 of the program. She started at week one day one today. I decided to run her part of the program to give her some moral support. I ran with her on her entire run today and felt really strong! Wasn't even winded.

Once we finished with hers, I decided to just run mine since hers was a little more than a long warm up walk for me. So I went ahead and ran my program run today as well. It felt really good. NO WAY I thought I was going to finish without even running her run, much less after...but I did!

I ran W4D1 and only had a little trouble at the end of it, but I pushed right on through. Ready for the PR? 3.2 miles! Read it again...3.2 miles! I have never even WALKED 3.2 miles in my life at one time. I was strong...I was not in any pain...I just felt awesome!

I simply felt stronger today...MUCH stronger! My lungs weren't on fire, my legs felt good, the run itself was very enjoyable and I had a great time, just me and nature.

Speaking of nature, I ran in a whole different place than normal. We went to the Silver Comet Trail today. This place is simply awesome! VERY beautiful trail with a paved runner/bike/walking roadway where no cars can even ride down. There were a lot of people on the trail running, walking, and biking. The scenery was breathtaking. The thing is, this trail runs from Smyrna, Ga. to the Alabama state line. Sixty one (61) miles long. The part that I ran today was mile marker 0...the beginning. I would LOVE to see this whole thing. When I say breathtaking, I really mean it!

It was such a pleasure to run here today. MUCH better than the track that I run around in circles on most of my runs. I hope I never see that track again. I have found me a running home, I think. There are a few other trails i want to experience as well. People tell me that they are as pretty as the Silver Comet Trail. I can't wait to see and experience those as well.

Today was awesome...I loved it!

More later, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment