Sunday, September 4, 2011

To Weight Watch or not to weight watch...

That is the question?

I'm on a quest and my head is spinning. I have changed my way of life drastically since I have started running. I have come to the conclusion that I need to do more. I want to lose about 70 pounds. Yep, I am now on a quest to get rid of some extra baggage.

Right now, I'm about 281 pounds and I am looking for a long term goal to get under 200 pounds. I thought that just by running and eating better...making better choices in what I put in my body, that I would lose weight. Well, I will, but not as much as I need to lose. I have to make a real drastic change to get rid of this weight. I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers to help with that portion of changing me.

I have spoken to a lot of people and have read a lot of stuff and weight watchers seems to be a good choice. I hope so. I really want to be HEALTHY! So, I am going to look into getting into the WW plan and see if that will help me.

With losing the weight, I also have set a few goals for myself as far as running and health. I want to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) by October of 2012. My ULTIMATE running goal is to run a full Marathon with the coup De gras being the Boston Marathon. If that will ever happen, I have no clue, but that is a long term goal for me.

Call me stupid, or call me crazy or call me what you will, but I know that I can do anything that I put my mind to do. A marathon, much less the BOSTON MARATHON, is something that seems impossible for me, but it is also something that I can work towards doing. It is a long term goal, and it is a REACHABLE goal as long as I train for it and do the right things.

So, I have changed my way of thinking about my health, I am changing the way I think about food, and I am changing the way I feel about running. I NEVER thought I would run a mile never mind running 13.1 or 26.2. I have my head on straight and I have my priorities in line...

More later, guys!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Allen, I've been running for about 5 months now and I've lost a grand total of 3kg. Sigh. They reckon you run for fitness, diet to lose weight.

    I think a half marathon by October next year sounds doable. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete