Saturday, August 27, 2011

W2D2 and 3...pain and a wall...

Well, I didn't post about W2D2 because frankly, I was in too much pain. When I started my five minute warm up walk, my back tightened up. I figured once I got going good, it would stop hurting. I thought wrong. I sent the next twenty minutes after my warm up walking and running in excruciating pain. I DID finish, but it was a struggle to do so. I thought about stopping several times, but kept pushing it.

Now, today, I woke up at 6am thinking I was going to go run this morning and get it done early. My back had other plans, though. It started hurting again as soon as I got out of bed. I resigned myself to just staying at home and watching the Hurricane coverage on TWC. I took my dog out to do his business and it just felt wonderful outside. I came back in and decided that I wasn't going to let my back stop me from doing this.

I went out and did W2D3 this morning and dang it felt awesome! My back tried to argue with me, but I refused to listen and pushed through it. I also set a PR for a mile.

I honestly feel like I smashed through a wall this morning. Once I got started, everything felt great. My running felt good, my breathing wasn't labored like it normally would be, even with this bronchitis that I have. I felt like I could keep running even after my time was up and the lady on my c25k app told me to stop and enjoy the rest of my day.

Overall, I did 1.5 miles today and really felt like I could have done the 5K distance with walking/running. I can't wait to get to W3D1 on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment