Saturday, August 13, 2011

I DID it...Im a runner now!

I actually DID it! I started my running journey today. I never once thought that I would ever run again on purpose but after the push that I got from the great guys at Runner's World forums, I am sitting in my chair, drenched in sweat. My lungs are on fire, my legs feel like there is lava running through them and my endorphins are kicking in STRONG! What an exhilarating feeling to have.


I started actually RUNNING! I was just going to walk, but I had downloaded the c25k app for my phone and opened it up. I just did what the man told me to do. After the the 2nd run part, I felt like I was going to die but kept doing what he said. I put one foot in front of the other when he said walk and did the same when he said run...except at a much faster rate. LOL.


I am just SO excited right now! I seriously never thought I would run. Was it fun for me? Hell no. But I FINISHED it. I did W1D1 and didn't stop! I seriously cant believe I am sitting here after doing that...5-7 276 pounds, but not for LONG! Today was the first day of the rest of my life!


I cant wait for W1D2!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo Allen!!! First big step! You can do this! Looking forward to following your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete