Tuesday, August 23, 2011

W2D1 and HILLS HILLS HILLS!!

O M G!!!! Hills. Were. Too. Steep! 


Started w2d1 today and figured I would run on the road instead of the track. That was mistake number one. Mistake number two was looking ahead of me, seeing a hill, thinking "I got this" and trudging onward without LOOKING at the hill.


About a quarter of the way up, my legs were wobbly and I was breathing fire. Halfway up and I had to stop running with 15 seconds left on my run segment. I actually stopped running AND walking. My breathing wasn't good. Still have this coughing crud and I was feeling it. 


Decided to turn around and head back. Ran it downhill and got to my road and there is another hill. I forgot about the hill that I went DOWN when leaving my house. That hill is even steeper than the one I was having trouble on. Didn't finish last run segment and just walked up the hill and came home. 


I'm disgusted with myself to say the least. I kept replaying the Rocky scene where he couldn't make it up the steps. That was me. 


Beaten, I tucked my tail between my legs and limped home.

No comments:

Post a Comment