Sunday, August 21, 2011

Im running for OTHER lives, too...

Today is my rest day, but I wanted to let you in on a little secret of mine...I have decided to run in my first 5K on October, 22, 2011. I will be running in the "Help Mend Broken Hearts 5K" in Kennesaw, Ga. According to the official website, this race will benefit children with congenital heart defects.

Not only am I running for the kids, but I am running for a very special child that is a friend of our family. She was born with a congenital heart defect and I thought, "What better reason to run in my first 5K". She is such a sweet little girl and it is going to be my honor to run this for her.

Now, I am just starting my c25k program and I will peaking on it at just the right time to run this thing at the end of my program. I am hoping that this will be my graduation run!

That's it for now...just wanted to post this.

No comments:

Post a Comment