Monday, August 22, 2011

Funny thing about running stores...

I went to the Big Peach Running Company today to have them analyze my gait to get fitted with a pair of good shoes. The shoes i have are just regular New Balance sneakers and are terrible for running in. After they put me on the treadmill and had me run in a pair of shoes, they found that my right foot over pronated but my left foot was really strong. The guy, after analyzing all of the data that they took, brought out three different pair of shoes. One each of Mizuno, Brooks, and Saucony. Of the three, I felt really good in the Brooks Ghost 4's so those are the one's that I chose. I will be getting those in the next few weeks, I hope.

Anyway, what is funny about running stores, is that they do not stock shirts or shorts for people of the "bigger" variety. I need at least a XXL in shirts and wear a size 44 waist (for now, at least). The largest shirt in the store was a XL and it LOOKED like a medium. LOL. There is no way that I will ever be able to buy any technical clothes in a running store if that is all that they have. The only thing that they had in the store that fit me was shoes and socks.

I wonder if there is a big and tall running store?

1 comment:

  1. Check online for running gear. I'm a 5'9" female runner and my husband is a 6'2" runner. Sometimes I hate buying stuff b/c mediums look like x-smalls! But you can check online for bigger sizes. Sometimes they even have them by inches, so you really know you're getting the right stuff. Awesome job on your new running life!

    ReplyDelete